1. CONFERENCE: AGENDA AVAILABLE FOR #NAFOAFALL22
The agenda is live and registration is open for NAFOA’s 2022 Fall Finance & Tribal Economies Conference being held October 3-4, 2022 at Foxwoods Resort Casino.
The conference will offer two full days of high-quality, educational breakout sessions, and general sessions focused on discussing critical issues facing Indian Country. We can’t wait for you to join us at Foxwoods!
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: INTERMEDIATE TRIBAL FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATE
This four-week program, with two three-hour days per week, offers knowledge and experience to help participants become more effective tribal finance/accounting professionals and leaders. Interact with and learn from other tribal finance/accounting professionals throughout the state and beyond. Participants can receive up to 25 hours of CPE credit.
Who Should Attend?
- Mid-level employees in tribal financial positions
- Individuals who have attended and completed the In-Person Introductory Tribal Finance and Accounting or Online Introductory Tribal Finance and Accounting certificate program
- Professionals looking to acquire increased knowledge regarding tribal finance and accounting (i.e. accountants, lawyers, bankers, etc.)
- Elected tribal officials and leaders who wish to better understand the financial side of a business decision
3. WEBINAR: ECONOMIC UPDATE: A POTENTIAL RETURN TO LOW INFLATION
August 18, 2022, 10:00 AM PT
The US economic upturn is entering its third year, with a robust labor market and output reaching new highs. The Federal Reserve is attempting to combat higher inflation by raising interest rates.
Join Moss Adams for a webcast, Economic Update: A Potential Return to Low Inflation, featuring key considerations for financial institutions, such as:
- Fiscal and monetary policies
- Ongoing pandemic considerations and related policy responses
- Prospects and the risks facing the nation
- Regional outlooks
4. SCHOLARSHIPS: QUESTBRIDGE NATIONAL COLLEGE MATCH
Are you a low-income high school senior who has excelled academically, but feels that the nation’s best colleges are financially out of reach? The QuestBridge National College Match can be your pathway to a top college. Through this college and scholarship application process, you can apply for free to the nation’s best colleges and be considered for early admission and a full four-year scholarship.
The Match Scholarship
Match Scholarship Recipients are granted early admission to one of QuestBridge’s college partners with a full four-year scholarship, worth over $200,000. Our college partners use a combination of their own funds as well as state and federal aid to fund the scholarship. Please view each college partner’s Financial Aid section for further details and see a glossary of financial aid terms.
The Match Scholarship is offered as part of a generous financial aid package provided by the college that covers the cost of attendance, including:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Books and supplies
- Travel expenses
5. JOBS: KARUK TRIBE IS SEEKING HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Summary: Shall manage, coordinate, and organize the personnel programs, operations, and functions of the Tribe. Shall supervise and oversee duties of the HR Personnel, and Front Office Manager. Shall continually assess and improve employer-employee relations, perform a variety of professional personnel activities, and be available to assist with program planning and strategy as needed.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Get NAFOA’s 5 Things You Need to Know This Week in your inbox at the start of each week. Subscribe here.