Access Recording and Slides from Tribal Leader Town Hall
December 28, 2020
On, December 22, 2020 at 2:00 EST NAFOA convened a Tribal Leader Town Hall with several national organizations to discuss the bipartisan COVID-19 relief legislation that Congress passed on December 21, 2020.
The President signed the legislation on December 27, 2020 and the White House included the following statement, accessible here.
NAFOA is thankful for the cooperation among the several national organizations, tribal leaders, professionals, and advocates who joined us last week.
We will continue to advocate for Indian Country on these important issues affecting our communities and Nation.
May the New Year bring you good health, happiness, and new opportunities.
- Tribal Leader Town Hall: COVID-19 Bipartisan Legislation Slides
- Tribal Leader Town Hall: COVID-19 Bipartisan Legislation Recording
- President Statement (Dec. 27, 2020)
- Full Text: $900 Billion Stimulus Legislation
- Appropriations legislation by section
- Top Line Summary: $900 Billion Stimulus Legislation
- Press Release from House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi
- Press Release from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
To learn more and stay updated, see the CDC's website on COVID-19 response. We recommend following official sources for information.
For any other questions or concerns, please contact Emery Real Bird, Financial Management Policy Specialist, (202) 945-7750 or at Emery@nafoa.org.