Rebecca M. Benally Appointed
Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) announced Rebecca M. Benally as the final appointee to the Tribal Treasury Advisory Committee (TTAC). The appointment was announced by the Department of Treasury. Benally is the final appointment necessary for the TTAC to begin conducting business on behalf of Indian Country.
Benally is a member of the Navajo Nation. She currently serves as the county commissioner of San Juan County in Utah. She is the first Native American woman to hold this post. Benally has over 20 years of experience in the education field as a teacher, school principal, and at the college administration level.
Benally joins six other appointees to the TTAC who will serve an important role in Indian Country by advising the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury on taxation issues and establishing training and education programs for Internal Revenue Service field agents who work with tribal governments.
· W. Ron Allen, Chairman and CEO, Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe
· Sharon Edenfield, Tribal Council Member, Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians
· Lacey Horn, Treasurer, Cherokee Nation
· Patricia King, Treasurer, Oneida Nation
· Lynn Malerba, Lifetime Chief, Mohegan Tribe
· Eugene Magnuson, Treasurer, Pokagon Band of Potawatomi
To submit comments or solicit feedback on the TTAC activities and policy ideas, use the following email email@example.com.
Tribal General Welfare Exclusion Act of 2014 (P.L. 113-168)