Attend a free training session on internal controls and gain insight on what's new in the OMB Uniform Guidance on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
The Uniform Guidance places a strong emphasis on internal controls to reduce the risk of waste, fraud, and abuse of federal funding. This webinar will highlight the importance of planning organizational objectives, assessing risk, evaluating and addressing shortcomings through control activities, and aligning information and communication policies that correspond with the tribal government's mission and vision.
- How sound internal control is an integral part of every aspect of management (responsibilities of tribal leadership, internal auditors, and external auditors).
- How to properly design, maintain, and evaluate your tribe's policies and procedures.
- How fraud can be identified and how identified fraud should be managed.
- Most importantly, the webinar will demonstrate why good internal control is essential for accountability and mission accomplishment throughout the tribe.
Date: February 11, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. EST. Click here to register.
NAFOA's 33rd Annual Conference
NAFOA's 33rd Annual Conference, held in Austin, TX is packed with new in-depth learning sessions, knowledgeable speakers, and valuable networking events that will lead to continued success.
Sample Topics Covered:
- Implement General Welfare Exclusion Programs that are Responsive to Your Community
- Debt Management: Best Practices for Tribal Leader Decision Making
- Prepare Your Tribe for the New OMB Guidance
- Capital Infrastructure Financing Development: The Key to Promoting the Well-Being of Your Community
Date: April 20-21, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Austin. Click here to register.