Webinar: Introduction to Economics: Using Excel To Advance Your Skills
February 17, 2021
This 90-minute webinar will build on some of the lessons in previous webinars in our Introduction series and advance your skills in Microsoft Excel. You will learn best practices for designing efficient forecasting models, as well as how to apply scroll bars, goal seek, data tables, and scenario manager to your models.
Experienced CGMA and financial analyst, Miles Hutchinson will demonstrate these tools for you using Microsoft ExcelTM. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for applying them and identify the key cautions to help you avoid potential misfires.
Join us for this 90-minute webinar on Monday, February 22 at 1:00 pm EST. The webinar is free and open to the public.
What you will learn:
- 20 rules of effective model design
- Applying Scroll Bars to individual cells to flex them over their relative ranges with the touch of your mouse
- Using Goal Seek to discover how much a single variable must move to reach a desired outcome
- Using Data Tables with one or two-inputs to deliver an array of outcomes from your model in just seconds
- Using Scenario Manager to store selected groupings of inputs and resulting outcomes
- Use Scenario Manager to consolidate all ”versions” of your model into one file
- Use the standard Scenario Summary to compare your Scenarios automatically
- Expand your skills in financial modeling to a level you never dreamed of in just 90 minutes!
- Learn the basics of pivot tables for managing your databases and generating fast reports and customizing your reports with the Pivot Table Slicer!
- Bonus – download a copy of the demo model and follow along!
About Our Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, including tax, financial analysis and financial modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Among his clients are, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army.
- Excel Tools to Advance Your Skills - February 22, 2021
- Finding Resources in Uncertain Times - March 8, 2021
For questions, please email email@example.com.