Register online for the NAFOA Conference.
The cost of the virtual conference is $300 for NAFOA Member Tribes and $400 for all other participants.
The Agenda for the 38th Annual Virtual Conference is now available.
The NAFOA Navigator
Find information about the Conference, insightful articles from our sponsors, updates from NAFOA, and more.Download (PDF)
There's an app for NAFOA's Virtual Conference!
We've built a mobile app for NAFOA Virtual 38th Annual Conference. It has all the important information you'll need for the event, and features to enhance your event experience.Download the App
Virtual Conference FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
NAFOA is working on the revised agenda and we are finalizing the details of our upcoming virtual conference. We know there are a lot of questions and hope you find the information below helpful.
What is the NAFOA's Virtual 38th Annual Conference?
NAFOA's Virtual 38th Annual Conference will be an opportunity for attendees to participate in the conference from their communities. We will highlight several general session presentations and breakout sessions. The virtual conference will take place on April 20-23, 2020. There will also be additional Financial Friday sessions offered on April 17th and April 24th.
Why did NAFOA decide to transition to a virtual conference?
Your health and well-being are our top priorities. Out of an abundance of caution related to COVID-19, we have made the decision to cancel the in-person conference in Nashville, TN. Instead, NAFOA will be hosting an online virtual event.
Why should I attend the Virtual Conference?
The educational sessions at NAFOA's conferences are always high-quality, timely, and informative. The virtual sessions will have the same benefits.
What should I do with my travel arrangements?
The three conference hotels, JW Marriott, Renaissance, and Hyatt House Downtown/SoBro have canceled all room reservations in our conference hotel room blocks. Please contact the hotel directly if you want to confirm that your reservation has been canceled. Attendees should contact airlines directly to cancel their air travel. Many airlines have adjusted or waived their change fees due to COVID-19.
How much does the virtual conference cost?
The cost of the virtual conference is $300 for NAFOA Member Tribes and $400 for all other participants. If you have already registered and paid for the spring conference, we will apply the payment towards virtual conference registration. The remaining balance will be credited toward the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 Conference.
How do I register for the Virtual Conference?
If you were already registered for the 38th Annual Conference and want to attend the Virtual Conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you weren't already registered, click the link here to register for the Virtual Conference.
Will NAFOA be offering CPEs for the Virtual Conference?
- NAFOA will be providing the usual CPE certificate with the addition of the line "group live presented on-line due to COVID-19" included on the certificate.
- NASBA has reached out to many state boards of accountancy for information on their openness regarding the acceptance of CPE of events that are changing from in-person events to online events due to COVID-19. NASBA reports that responses from the boards indicate a willingness to provide flexibility due to these circumstances. A final decision on acceptance is up to the individual state boards.
- If you wish to view information on the flexibility of specific state boards, please go to the NASBA page on this: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/impact-of-covid-19
- If you wish to reach out directly to your state board for guidance you may find the contact information for each of the state boards of accountancy at the following link: https://nasba.org/stateboards
- If you have any questions on CPE credits at NAFOA events, please email email@example.com.
What if I am not interested in attending the virtual event?
If you don't want to attend the virtual event, we will hold a credit on file for you to attend either the 2020 Fall or 2021 Spring Conference.