Harvard Business School
Leading People and Investing To Build Sustainable Communities
May 6-10, 2018
8:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Leading People and Investing to Build Sustainable Communities Program: A Harvard Business School Executive Education program developed for NAFOA, AFOA, and NCAI. This is a program for leaders, executive officers, senior administrators, and senior financial managers of tribal nations and Native organizations serving the needs of tribal communities and Native people.
Developed under the guidance of HBS Executive Education, the Leading People and Investing to Build Sustainable Communities Program is the only program of its kind in the United States. The program brings together HBS Faculty and guest speakers from Indian Country who are experts in investing in economies and communities.As part of a customized cohort, you will have the opportunity to engage in interactive and participatory sessions with other participants from Tribal Nations and Native organizations from across Indian Country. At the program’s conclusion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Harvard Business School.
APPLICATIONS DUE March 9, 2018
Participants must first complete the online application.
Registration and payment of $2,500 to be completed upon notification of acceptance into this year's program.
Tuition includes class materials, single room accommodation in the HBS executive residence, and all meals for the duration of the program.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS: The main components of the program feature the following:
- Investment Governance – Participants will better understand investments and good governance practices over investments.
- Finance – Participants will build a framework and develop a better understanding of the valuation of potential investments, specifically pre-revenue start-ups.
- Negotiations – Participants will enhance their negotiating skills and develop negotiation strategies at an individual and team level.
- Change Management – Participants will develop effective strategies for leading through change at both an organizational and community level.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for the Harvard Business School Executive Program, applicants need to possess the following:
- Management Experience: Ability to lead, innovate, and inspire success at the highest levels of professional environments.
- Tribal Experience: Experience successfully working in or with a tribal nation, Native organization, and/or tribal community.