The Multicultural Business Programs at Michigan State University invites you to learn more about their pre-college program for Native American high school students interested in learning more about college, opportunities in business, or who just want to gain a set of professional skills that will put them ahead of their peers. The Native American Business Institute (NABI) is a weeklong pre-college summer program for Native American high school students that will be entering the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the 2018-2019 school year. Participants work with MSU admissions officers, college counselors, tribal community leaders, and corporate representatives in a seven-day “business boot-camp” that prepares students for the college and exposes them to numerous academic and professional opportunities.
• Develop Time Management & Study skills
• Receive tips & strategies for gaining admission to college
• Learn how to navigate the financial aid/scholarship jungle
• Form lifelong friendships with other Native youth, MSU students, & MSU support staff
• Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
• Attend corporate, cultural, and leadership development workshops
• Cultivate a deeper appreciation and understanding of their culture
• Foster networks with business leaders and other professionals
• Expose students to various careers and opportunities in business
• Most importantly—they learn how to WORK HARD & PLAY HARD!
The Native American Summer Business Institute will be take place at the Michigan State University campus during the following dates and location: Shaw Hall, East Lansing, MI—June 23 – June 29, 2018
To be eligible, each student must: