Arizona State University
W. P. Carey School of Business
McCord Hall - Room 456
Tribal Financial Managers Certificate Program - Course 201906
June 11-13, 2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
The Tribal Financial Managers Certificate (TFMC) program is a three-day training held on the Arizona State University (ASU) campus through a partnership with ASU's American Indian Policy Institute and the Thunderbird School of Global Management. The TFMC program provides intensive, hands-on professional development in grant management, indirect cost rates, and tribe-wide budgeting specific to tribal nations.
Attendees who complete the Tribal Financial Manager Certificate program will learn:
- Principles of federal Indian law and its effect on tribal financial management
- Government accounting standards and principles
- Compliance with the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Effects of federal, state, and tribal taxation on tribal financial management
- Best practices for internal controls and procurement policies
- Key tools for developing and managing budgets
- Emerging financial issues in Indian Country
All registrants receive a copy of the Financial Reporting and Information Guide for Tribal Governments and Enterprises (Orange Book) and the Tribal Business Structure Handbook.
The program is taught by nationally recognized Native American professionals, and participants can earn up to 20 CPE credits.
- $1,700 - NAFOA Member Tribe Price
- $1,850 - Non-Member Price