Tribal Financial Managers Certificate
The Tribal Financial Managers Certificate (TFMC) program is a three-day training held in Phoenix, Arizona through a partnership with Arizona State University (ASU)'s American Indian Policy Institute (AIPI) and the Thunderbird School of Global Management. TFMC provides intensive, hands-on professional development in grant management, indirect cost rates, and tribe-wide budgeting specific to tribal nations. Admission to the program is open. At the program’s conclusion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Thunderbird School of Management.Register
Attendees who complete the Tribal Financial Manager Certificate training will learn:
- Principles of federal Indian law and its effect on tribal financial management
- Government accounting standards and principles
- Compliance with the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Effects of federal, state, and tribal taxation on tribal financial management
- Best practices for internal controls and procurement policies
- Key tools for developing and managing budgets
- Emerging financial issues in Indian Country
All registrants receive a copy of the Financial Reporting and Information Guide for Tribal Governments and Enterprises (Orange Book) and the Tribal Business Structure Handbook.
The program is taught by nationally recognized Native American professionals, and participants can earn up to 20 CPE credits.
- Tribal administrative staff including project managers and program directors.
- Tribal finance staff including, tribal government accountants, grant managers, controllers, and budget managers.
- Corporate professionals interested in increasing knowledge related to tribal financial management.
- Elected tribal leaders interested in the financial components of operating a tribal government.
June 6-8, 2020
Downtown Phoenix, Arizona
Fees: $1,700 - NAFOA Member Tribe Price, $1,850 - Non-Member Price
There is a limited amount of need-based funding provided by NAFOA. Please contact Emery Real Bird at Emery@nafoa.org for more information.Register