Website Upper Skagit Indian Tribe
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Manager
SUPERVISOR: Finance Director
HOURS & CLASSIFICATION: Full time, salary/exempt
PAY RANGE: $81,500 – $87,500, depends on qualifications
FILING DEADLINE: Open until filled
GENERAL DESCRIPTION (summary may not include all duties):
Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Accounts Payable (AP) Manager oversees the purchasing activities for the Tribe, consistent with applicable Tribal, Federal and State procurement requirements. The AP Manager will develop and maintain an approved vendor list, secure vendor W-9s, and conduct SAM.gov checks on vendors as required. They will oversee and maintain the Tribal Employee credit card purchasing program. The AP Manager will verify compliance documentation prior to processing payments, issue and track payments to vendors, issue 1099 statements to vendors, coordinate filing/archiving of payment records, and other duties as assigned.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and tribal employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AP Manager”, or mail “Attn: HR Recruiter” at Upper Skagit Indian Tribe, 25944 Community Plaza Way, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284, or hand-deliver to reception at the above address, Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded from the Tribe’s website: https://upperskagittribe-nsn.gov/content/Employment-Application-USIT-fillable.pdf.
Applicant must meet minimum qualifications to be considered.
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field and at least three (3) years of comparable AP work experience or an associate’s degree and at least seven (7) years of experience.
2. Must be knowledgeable about Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
3. Must have experience implementing the procurement compliance requirements of the OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200). Must be familiar with Federal and State grant and contract financial requirements.
4. Must be familiar with AccuFund or other governmental fund accounting software systems
1. Must be able to communicate information verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, accurate and professional manner.
2. Must be able to successfully resolve conflicts in the conduct of work activities with coworkers and stakeholders.
3. Must have a valid unrestricted Washington State Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s motor vehicle insurance policy.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information and be willing to sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement.
5. Must pass a background check including a criminal background check.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug test and comply with the Tribe’s Substance Abuse Policy including random drug screening.
The Upper Skagit Indian Tribe has the right to change this description at any time. This position is subject to the Preference Policy of the Upper Skagit Indian Tribe. The statements contained herein provided general details as necessary to describe the principal function of the job, the level of knowledge, and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. However, these should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in functional equivalent areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the work load. This is an at-will position.
To apply for this job please visit upperskagittribe-nsn.gov.