Posted 6 days ago
- Plans, supervises and provides assistance and support to other staff in the conduct of the accounting aspects of their functional activities. Daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify and control financial transactions.
- Prepares and interprets all financial reports and supporting schedules, including required in a timely manner and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assists in maintenance of Casino records; fixed assets, accounts receivable, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliation’s, financial statements, and special projects.
- Maintains and controls records of slot machine EPROMS and par sheets.
- Reviews and approves journal entries before posting to the General Ledger.
- Responsible for the reporting of daily operating activities to the controller ensuring timely and communication of operating results.
- Maintains adherence to all Federal and Winnebago Tribal laws, procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring all the revenue for the Casino is properly identified and recorded and posting to the General Ledger.
- Designated BSA/AML Compliance Officer.
- Documents instances of non compliance on a Notification of Error (NOE) to the noncompliance department and/or manager.
- May issue Notification of Violation (NOV) which require action against employee in tiered penalties.
- Coordinates with Winnebago Gaming Commission to request License Suspension/Revocation for multiple occurrences of employee or departmental noncompliance.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program. This includes, but is not limited to:
- OFAC Designations and Implementation (SDN List, etc.)
- FATF Recommendations and Compliance
- USA Patriot Act Compliance
- Maintaining up to date standards for entire program
- Automated Data Processing Compliance Programs
- Develops, implements, and maintains all policies and procedures for BSA/AML and SARC activity; including maintenance of the AML Program and oversight of the processes of the BSA/AML daily audit, CTR filings and SARC filings, and development and maintenance of CDD Programs.
- Conducts annual review of the AML Program and the operation to determine the impact and effectiveness of internal controls, provides recommendations for enhancement, and/or evaluates proposed program changes.
- Provides follow up with other departments to ensure compliance with the AML Program, applications and other BSA/AML related issues; interacts with departments to answer BSA/AML questions and concerns.
- Ensures timely retrieval, review, completion and filing of all Multiple Transaction Logs (MTL) Monetary Instrument Logs (MIL), and Currency Transaction Reports by Casinos (CTRC).
- Coordinates and leads the AML Committee for SARC investigation and submission.
- Coordinates all internal and external audit reviews and documentation preparation with regard to BSA/AML.
- Manages risks associated with BSA/AML including resolving compliance, internal and external audit findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining a structured and secure record retention system for all previous BSA/AML related documentation, audit findings/responses and CTRC/SARC related documentation.
- Develops and maintains the annual BSA/AML training program to ensure continual compliance with current regulations and that training material reflect current practices.
- Coordinates annual BSA/AML trainings including contributing to new hire training with Human Resources to ensure all employees receive training within required deadlines.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on incidents, findings, recommendations and request for information as required by policies and procedures.
- Prepares and presents reports on the status, activities, and plans for current and future operations to the Controller.
- Maintains effective working relationships between Compliance staff and TGRA management/administration, NIGC, FinCEN(IRS, Treasury Department, etc.) and other Compliance management staff.
- Reports to the Controller any failure by the Gaming Enterprise to comply with any of the provisions of the MICS, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinance, and any other applicable lays and regulations.
- Oversees BSA/AML Program training and administration.
- Analysis Requirements: Make HIDTA/HIFCA determinations and recommendations.
- Read, understand and adhere to Winnebago Gaming Compact and Winnebago Tribal Gaming Code and Rules and Regulations.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or at least 5 years experience in an Accounting Manager position.
- Should posses a strong background in auditing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and inventory.
- Should posses a background in automated accounting and controls systems and be familiar with gaming regulations and controls.
- Experience with computer software applications.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to obtain gaming license.
- Bi-cultural experience preferred.