AML Compliance Coordinator
Posted 18 days ago
The Title 31 Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Title 31 Compliance Officer in maintaining the Title 31 Compliance program to ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State gaming regulations. The Title 31 Coordinator is also responsible for understanding and complying with Title 31, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and requirements for Live! Casino & Hotel, and; assisting with the daily Title 31 compliance operation to include but not limited to all reporting requirements and leading the Title 31 program. In addition, the Title 31 Coordinator is responsible for promoting positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer in overseeing, processing, and ensuring accuracy of Title 31 related forms completed by casino staff.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate submission of Title 31 required document filings.
- Maintain all regulated paperwork and postings.
- Monitor and review all Title 31 operational areas and assist in the drafting of sound, effective and operationally efficient internal control procedures that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer as they investigate reported suspicious activity as related to Title 31.
- Inform the Title 31 Compliance Officer of potential non-compliance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure all team members are in compliance for all Title 31 programs, monitor team member Title 31 training and assist departments in meeting training requirements for successful and timely completion.
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer with drafting written responses to internal and external Title 31 audits.
- Provide any other Title 31 support to casino departments and functions as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of all relevant Title 31/Anti-Money Laundering, law and regulation, gaming audits and casino operations.
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries, complaints, or requests from various internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as internal controls and manuals.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to operate desk-top or personal computer.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline from an accredited college or four year university, preferred.
- One (1) year experience with Title 31 (Bank Secrecy Act), Anti-Money Laundering regulations, in a casino environment preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.