Posted 10 days ago
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors direction of Audit management group and assists in overseeing audit function of Accounting to ensure day-to-day operations of revenue cycle is audited and analyzed. (Audit/fraud analysis areas include, but are not limited to: slots, table games, hotel, food and beverage, entertainment, retail and other revenue/audit functions.)
- Assists with evaluating existing daily audit and accounting/auditing procedures and is proactive in improving both efficiency and quality of Accounting/Audit function. Assists with preparation of audit policies and procedures, which provide strong internal Accounting controls and are compliant with National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS). Evaluates and analyzes revenue data. Reconciles cash discrepancies by researching and correcting variance problems.
- Assists with preparation of performance reports for management including revenue and compliance reports for all gaming areas. Acts as main point of contact with external auditors, internal auditors/Gaming Commission and regulators to respond to schedule requests related to operations. Additionally, assists with investigation of exceptions cited and coordinates management responses.
- Assists with ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of revenue journals within deadlines set by upper management.
- Oversees coaching and mentoring of Audit management group and Audit staff to implement goals and objectives for each year.
- Assists Controller of Operations in managing any new or significant projects through project life cycle within set timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, other Casino departments, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Assists Controller of Operations in implementing new accounting software and upgrades to accounting and other gaming related software.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors degree is required. (Business degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university preferred).
- MBA degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 6 years work experience and/or training in Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Minimum 6 years of supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality, as they will have access to private information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or customers.
- Knowledge of Title 31 Banking Secrecy Act Regulations preferred
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be independent and must not have any direct relatives associated in the functioning of the gaming operations and/or gaming activities.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, database software and casino Operating Systems preferred.
- Must possess advanced computer skills and advanced user level proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) license in good standing is highly recommended.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.