Assistant Payroll Manager
Posted 24 days ago
The Assistant Payroll Manager is responsible for the following:
- Processes Payroll termination paperwork and issues final and on demand payroll checks.
- Completes employee welfare form requests, social security form requests, wage verifications and other payroll-related employee information requests.
- Prepares biweekly labor distribution reports.
- Child support orders – receive/notify/data entry/upload processing
- Various check requests are assembled and prepared for Accounts Payable
- Provides monthly payroll information to US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics Atlantis.
Assist and/or lead project planning for
- Elimination of Sign in Sheets. Transition the property into proper timekeeping approvals and usage of timeclocks. Develop an “exception” sign in sheet to have on line.
- Queries – Query and Analysis report writing. Develop and maintain query programs ‘on demand’ and to screen for potential concerns/errors. Report processing on a regular basis to expose or track discrepancies, inconsistencies or irregularities in all files.
- Automate Salary sheet approval process
- Assist in preparation and planning for HR/PY software transition
- Proactive measures to increase Direct Deposit participation. Arrange a Direct Deposit campaign
- Assist in preparation and planning for Black Hawk expansion
- Update Payroll Procedure Manual Atlantis
- Upload monthly on-line reporting information to US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Primary or back up resource to Payroll Manager
- Process biweekly payroll checks in Corporate Payroll Manager’s absence
- Prepares biweekly payroll taxes in Corporate Payroll Manager’s absence
- Prepare Quarterly payroll taxes in Corporate Payroll Manager’s absence
- Process biweekly and quarterly tax reporting Nevada and Colorado
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform his/her job responsibility with extreme accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive and proficient computer knowledge, prefer Infinium/query experience. Ability to execute uploads/downloads and all computer and ISERIES processes. Proficiency in computer programs MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Mathematics, organizational skills and the ability to learn computer software programs are necessary for success in the position.
- Must have the ability to recognize and solve problems concerning payroll and be proactive at suggesting solutions to potential or existing problems.
- Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence, efficiently. Must have ability to speak effectively with all employees and management. Must communicate well with others.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished, written or oral. Ability to deal with issues or problems involving payroll-related issues.
Salary Range: $40,500 - $50,000 Per Year