Auditor (Montbleu Resort)
Posted 17 days ago
Assist the Internal Audit business function, primarily with the execution of Internal Audit testing activities, and other SOX related internal audit projects/initiatives. The Internal Auditor will prepare workpapers to support audits completed and prepare reporting to share testing results.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute an annual risk-based audit plan:
- Under the direction of Internal Audit management. Independently review processes and functions as authorized in the approved annual audit plan.
- Participate in the development of risk-based audit programs and related planning documents for audits.
- Responsible for the execution of assigned audits sections.
- Conducts audits consistent with IIA practices and in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned testing areas.
- Identify weaknesses in compliance-related exposures, operational processes and internal controls.
- Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Interact autonomously with auditees.
- Assist Internal Audit management in preparing draft recommendations and audit reports for Management and Audit Committee.
- Creates work products such as audit analysis, audit correspondences, memoranda and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures.
- Participate with the Ballys SOX Team to implement SOX monitoring and testing procedures.
- Reviews management action plans and monitors the implementation of such plans to ensure issues are adequately addressed and mitigated.
- Notifies Internal Audit Management of any gaming violations noted.
- Maintains relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and is committed to continually improve client satisfaction.
- Understands and applies internal audit methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Works with Internal Audit management to identify key areas of risk and appropriate coverage for auditees.
- Makes recommendations for new audit techniques to analyze the adequacy of controls and the effectiveness of compliance procedures and processes.
- As Required, works with internal audit team in the development of creative, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as subject matter expert in given areas.
- Participates in customer meetings under direction of Internal Audit Management.
- Works on special projects or consulting engagements concerning significant company issues as directed by Internal Audit Management.
- Assists in preparation of the final report and enhances its content based on application of knowledge and experience.
- May present a draft report to the Internal Audit Management and may participate in presentation of final report and audit findings to management of auditee.
- Other duties as required
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification is preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in audit testing, accounting, auditing, and information technology audits is required.
- Gaming industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Visio. Knowledge of ACL preferred.
- Prior working experience with an audit software system and gaming specific software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with people at all levels the organization.
- Report writing and superior documentation skills are required.
- Ability to write comprehensible reports on complex issues in a concise manner is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% with overnight stays.
- Must secure appropriate gaming licenses for this property, as required