Backgrounds and Licensing Representative Lead
Posted 11 days ago
The Backgrounds and Licensing Representative Lead is responsible for assuring that all gaming related employees and casino vendors meet the minimum requirements for licensing under the direction of the Director of Backgrounds Licensing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors performance of licensing staff, ensuring adherence to Gaming Commission and Tribal policies and procedures.
- Oversees the scheduling of Licensing Department's personnel.
- Conducts in-depth background investigations on all casino employees and vendors in order to assess their ability to be licensed.
- Oversees the collection and processing of all applicable vendor fees.
- Acts as a liaison with Casino Human Resources and Purchasing Departments in processing perspective employees and vendors licenses.
- Acts as a liaison with the National Indian Gaming Commission and/or California Department of Justice Division of Gambling Control in processing applicants' fingerprint card and final suitability reports.
- Oversees the issuance of gaming licenses to employees and vendors.
- Maintains security of all confidential information on employees as required by federal and civil law.
- Ensures that all background & licensing staff are cross trained in all aspects of their job responsibilities and that the workload is divided equally throughout the entire department.
- Manages the Licensing Representatives, providing direction and supervises workflow for the position.
- Type, proofread, and process a variety of documents including general correspondence,
- Schedules appointments, coordinates meetings, and initiates follow-up as required.
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents as necessary.
- Answer, screen and direct Licensing incoming calls as required.
- Assist in maintaining the employee & vendor database.
- May conduct in-depth background investigations on all casino employees in order assess their ability to be licensed.
- May conduct interviews with prospective employees hired by the casino
- Conducts in-depth background investigations on all vendors in order assess their ability to be licensed.
- Prepares licensing reports for review by the Director of Licensing & Employee Relations.
- Conducts phone interviews with vendors.
- Assist the Director with activity with regard Licensing and State/Federal compliance.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
Periodic Job Functions
Assist in or prepare reports relating to the Licensing issues (i.e., approvals, denials, employee background concerns) for department.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- An associate arts degree or 74 college semester units is preferred.
- A minimum of two years related experience in processing background investigations or other investigations; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Must possess the following the following
- Good English skills, both spoken and written.
- Be able to produce organized and concise reports.
- Knowledge of criminal offenses and regulations concerning tribal and federal gaming licensing requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge about modern methods of background investigative techniques