Bank Secrecy Act Officer
Posted 19 days ago
Serves as the designated Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer for all Four Winds properties. Directs, controls, and oversees all anti-money laundering efforts pertaining to the guidelines and requirements set forth in Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, also known as the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the designated Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer, and fulfills all related duties required to be conducted, by the Casino’s Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Plan.
- Maintains a working relationship with the management team and Gaming Commission to ensure that all Bank Secrecy Act questions and/or concerns are addressed promptly and effectively. Ensures that all instances of non-compliance to title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations are addressed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Title 31 related rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, internal controls, policies, and procedures and of the federal Bank Secrecy Act and continuously monitors strict adherence to same throughout applicable departmental operations.
- Directs the flow of confidential reports and documents to the proper individuals within the organization, always maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Monitors and evaluates changes to applicable regulations and ensures the Vice President of Compliance and Compliance Manager are made aware of such changes.
- Maintains a working relationship with the Tribal Gaming Commission Internal Audit team, with particular emphasis on Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations as well as the Commission regulations, ensuring that all needed updates concerning findings of non-compliance are addressed and adhered to.
- With review and approval by the Compliance Manager and Vice President of Compliance, prepares responses to all Title 31 related audit report findings, both internal and external, and conducts any investigation necessary to appropriately respond to such findings and/or recommendations.
- Manages the Title 31 support staff, and provides oversight to all aspects of Title 31 compliance.
- Performs “Know your Customer” due diligence reviews, according to the casino’s Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Plan and Know your Customer policy.
- Ensures accuracy, thoroughness and at all times maintains the highest level of confidentiality. Maintains strictest confidence with the department concerning all correspondence, employee records and reports, state police records and reporting, audit reviews, etc., within the Compliance Department.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns, and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in criminal justice or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in Compliance Department or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Anti-money laundering specialist credentials, such as ACAMS certification, preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word or related software.
- Excellent oral and written skills preferred.
- Strong organization skills required.
- This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.