Cage / Guest Services Manager
Posted 18 days ago
The Cage / Guest Services Manager at Oxford Casino Hotel will manage the cage operations to ensure that cash, chip, and check cashing transactions and procedures are properly enforced. The individual in this position must ensure the timely collection, accounting, recording, and safekeeping of funds, as well as safeguarding company assets and overseeing the entire Casino Services operation - which includes payroll, scheduling of supervisory staff, compliance of internal controls, and state and federal regulations. The person selected for this role must maintain a high level of guest service in all duties performed.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels by training, scheduling, evaluating, and assisting with career development and promoting, disciplining and terminating team members as needed.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by team members under his/her span of control.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental records and report.
- Ensures team members adhere to the customer service guidelines of prompt and courteous service as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Creates and administers departmental operating budget and budget controls.
- Reviews departmental reports, to ensure accuracy, making revisions as needed.
- Ensures all funds are accounted for and that funds transferred between other areas of responsibility are properly accounted for.
- Understand and uphold Maine gaming rules, regulations and Internal Controls.
- Monitor, maintain and counsel for cage variances.
- Ensures staff is knowledgeable via clear and timely communication of all casino promotional programs prior to effective dates of promotions.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Treats internal and external guests in a friendly and professional manner. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Must be cooperative and able to take directions, to follow through on assignments and work as part of a team.
- Confers with other supervisory or managerial personnel to recommend policy and operation changes in order to avoid recurring customer complaints.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and / or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory position in an operation handling large sums of money
- A proven proficiency with computers and ten (10) key adding machines with some knowledge of computer keyboard are preferred.
- Must be able to enter data, read and interpret output from computer.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Work Permit issued by the Maine Gaming Commission;
- Knowledge of internal controls for AML (Anti-Money Laundering).
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to read, accurately analyze, and interpret common documentation.
- Ability to accurately analyze and interpret departmental needs and results; ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries.
- Ability to write and present information to management in a reasonable manner.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Willing to work the schedule assigned for business purposes – including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, casino policies and marketing plans.
- Maintains working knowledge of casino including but not limited to hours of operation of casino, restaurants, and other amenities and responds to customer questions regarding same.