Cage Operations Supervisor
Posted 11 days ago
Under the direction of the Cage Operations, the Cage Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Lead Cashiers, Line Cashiers, Cage Support Cashiers, and Ticket Redemption Unit Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The number one duty in the Cage Operations Department is to give excellent Customer Service.
- Maintains security and accountability of company funds.
- Presents and conducts his/herself in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a high level of respect for the customer, co-workers, Supervisors and the Company.
- Provides an orderly and positive working environment, with emphasis on open communication. Must conduct a daily uniform inspection.
- Responsible for company assets within the designated cages on an assigned shift.
- Ensures accuracy of all documents submitted by subordinate personnel.
- Conducts the investigation of any overage/shortage error and makes necessary corrections when applicable. A discrepancy report must be forwarded to the Cage Operations Management summarizing the results of the investigation and the action taken, if any.
- Coordinates with outside companies for maintenance of company owned machinery and other equipment.
- Operates all computer-related equipment and also a ten-key adding machine.
- Verifies various types of payouts.
- Work all Cage Operations positions as needed.
- Prepares staffing schedules for the cashiers. Approves days off, vacations and personal days. Follows up with paperwork to Management.
- Monitors overtime, excessive tardiness/absenteeism of the Cage Operations Cashiers. Sends Cashiers home early when justifiable so as to offset overtime.
- Remain open to learning and counseling (both technical and supervisory).
- Prepare and conduct staff meetings.
- Supervises cage cashiers to ensure their compliance with policies and procedures. Also informs cashiers of any and all changes in regards to policies and procedures.
- Adheres strictly to all Gaming regulations.
- Prepares bi-annual performance evaluations and reviews. Approves and makes recommendations for subordinate evaluations
- Attends bi-annual Title 31 training class. Maintains Title 31 compliance.
- Attend and respond to initial customer concerns.
- Interact with other departments floor personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months management or supervisory experience and/or training in direct supervision of fifteen or more employees, cash control and protection of assets; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in credit operations helpful.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!