Cage Shift Manager
Posted 11 days ago
The Cage Shift Manager is accountable and responsible for the operation of the cage department on a shift basis. Supervises all cage, and vault/ bank personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable gaming experience.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for supervising the cage personnel on assigned shift to ensure accurate control over casino funds. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Manages process and procedures to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Review staffing levels to maintain budgeted employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Development of staff to include training interviewing for hires, performance management to include disciplinary counseling up to and including termination and conducting performance evaluation.
- Manages department financial data.
- Review cage shift activities with Cage Director.
- Works in conjunction with Credit Manager / Credit Clerk in making daily Credit decisions
- Meet with departmental directors and managers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to read complex documents and understand state and local tax laws, banking codes, gaming laws and regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in casino cage operations in a casino environment that includes Slot / VLT machines and Table Games and Poker Tables
- A four (4)-year degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.