Posted 24 days ago
The Cage Supervisor is responsible for the overall effective and efficient coordination and supervision of the Cage Department on shift and/or as assigned by the reporting senior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service are preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
- Perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.)
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under moderate supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other upper management, supervisory staff, employees, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and solicit assistance for decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
- May assist assigned staff with accurate preparation of detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Ensures newly assigned staff members are scheduled for and complete departmental orientation
- Responsible for the selection and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May discipline and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority. May recommend employees for recognition or reward.
- Provides job specific training to all newly hired employees or those assigned to mentor so they may perform their duties in accordance with acceptable job standards.
- Visits work spaces, break areas and other work shifts in order to be available and/or visible to staff members with the express purpose of showing interest, concern, or appreciation.
- Ensures applicable staff is aware of standards and expectations through publicity around their enforcement and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Trains new employees on job-specific tasks.
- Schedules employees to ensure excellent guest services are maintained in conjunction with efficiency and business needs.
- Forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and the identification of available facts. Makes decisions or draws conclusions using data and information from experience.
- Investigates, evaluates information, and makes final decisions regarding matters within the area of responsibility, guest/employee disputes and/or employee disciplinary actions in accordance with authority and ensures those decisions are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and established controls.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Hospitality or Gaming plus 3 months of department-specific experience to include experience in banking; or Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality, Finance, Accounting, or Gaming, plus 6 months or more of department-specific work experience to include experience banking: or One (1) year of department-specific experience to include experience in banking
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.