Cage Supervisor - Skiatook
Posted 10 days ago
The Cage Supervisor is responsible for the overall effective and efficient coordination and supervision of the Cage Department on shift and/or as assigned by the reporting senior.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Hospitality or Gaming plus 3 months of department-specific experience to include experience in banking; or Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality, Finance, Accounting, or Gaming, plus 6 months or more of department-specific work experience to include experience banking: or One (1) year of department-specific experience to include experience in banking
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the area of responsibility, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by all applicable personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understand and comply with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
- Accurately balances assigned bank and ensures balancing of banks of direct reports.
- Held accountable, to a higher degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Adheres to all procedures presented in the Cage Training Handbook and may recommend changes thereto.
- Participates in the maintenance of supporting cash receipts documentation and accumulation of information for daily and monthly journal entries.
- Maintains and is held accountable for all funds entrusted to him/her on an assigned shift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service are preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
- Perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.)
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under moderate supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other upper management, supervisory staff, employees, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and solicit assistance for decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
- May assist assigned staff with accurate preparation of detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Ensures newly assigned staff members are scheduled for and complete departmental orientation
- Responsible for the selection and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May discipline and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority. May recommend employees for recognition or reward.
- Provides job specific training to all newly hired employees or those assigned to mentor so they may perform their duties in accordance with acceptable job standards.
- Visits work spaces, break areas and other work shifts in order to be available and/or visible to staff members with the express purpose of showing interest, concern, or appreciation.
- Ensures applicable staff is aware of standards and expectations through publicity around their enforcement and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Trains new employees on job-specific tasks.
- Schedules employees to ensure excellent guest services are maintained in conjunction with efficiency and business needs.
- Forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and the identification of available facts. Makes decisions or draws conclusions using data and information from experience.
- Investigates, evaluates information, and makes final decisions regarding matters within the area of responsibility, guest/employee disputes and/or employee disciplinary actions in accordance with authority and ensures those decisions are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and established controls.