Casino Accounting Manager
Posted 9 days ago
Under general direction from the Financial Controller, the Casino Accounting Manager organizes, plans, and manages all accounting activities and services of Revenue Audit and Casino Finance Accounting areas. Responsible for overall management of financial activities related to all revenue audit & casino finance functions as assigned. Plans, develops, and approves specific policies and procedures in accordance to policies established by the Financial Controller and Finance Management. Supervises the casino finance/revenue accounting and audit process, creating, approving posting journal entries, completion and integrity of monthly revenue reporting package and statistics. Coordinates the preparation, audit and remittance of gaming taxes to the federal, state and other entities. Ensures all accounting/audit functions are performed in accordance with GAAP Principles and applicable tribal, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations. Maintains strict confidentiality of privileged information. Responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and board report. May be responsible for daily, monthly and year-end IRS filings and reporting requirements, such as, W-2G’s. Reviews and prepares account analysis, schedules, reports, bank and account reconciliations, government reports and other reports as required. Responsible for the integrity of all financial systems. Promotes and demonstrates outstanding customer relations both internally and externally.
- Revenue Audit Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service required.
- Requires knowledge of fiscal programming and budgeting processes necessary to manage and to ensure that budget constraints and program timelines are met.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read professional publications, industry magazines/ journals, newsletters and documents.
- Perform complex mathematical computations.
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under limited or no supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with executive level management, other managerial and supervisory staff, employees, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence to upper management as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic) to intermediate skill levels.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a timely manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and developing/maintaining professional and personal networks.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or substantially related area from a four-year college or university.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible leadership experience in Revenue Audit, gaming finance or accounting management experience; including a minimum of Five (5) years of managerial or supervisory experience required.
- Prior gaming experience required.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.