Posted 10 days ago
The Casino Controller, under the direction of the Director of Finance, is to maintain the Gaming and Non-Gaming side of accounting in applying GAAP, Casino, and MICS Compliance. The Controller will manage all accounting related functions.
The Controller must comply with all Casino, Gaming, and other regulatory Agency policy, procedures, and compliance requirements. Additionally, the Controller will be responsible for preparing consolidated financials including Gaming, Administrative and Non-Gaming reporting requirements. The Controller will also be required to assist the Finance and Accounting team in cross training and supporting Accounting as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies positive communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with all team members.
- Oversees and closely monitors the data and reporting output by Senior Accountant with payroll, payables, receivable and special accounting tasks as assigned in preparing consolidated financials while ensuring compliance internal controls and payroll laws.
- Closely monitors the purchasing and receiving functions to ensure the management of assets and processes related to inventories including inventory management systems are maintained with accuracy and that related reporting requirements meets assigned timelines.
- Responsible for verifying all F&B related accounting is performed accurately and timely in accordance to month and year end close schedules. To ensure all F&B accounting related processes are followed and enforced while assisting the Non-Gaming Accountants develop and implement necessary tasks to ensure accuracy of departmental and consolidated financial reporting.
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing and entry of all general ledger entries required for month end closing, including but not limited to daily revenue, payroll, depreciation, general expenses, liabilities, revenue’s, accruals, etc.
- Maintains and ensures reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare month end and year end financial reports, variance and performance summaries, budgets and periodic forecasts, and other analytical analysis as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Assist all departments in monitoring and managing income and expense accounts against budgets.
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing for, navigating, and responding to annual external audits, or other audits performed by external agency, or otherwise as assigned based on departmental needs.
- Cross train throughout Finance and Accounting, and provide support as business needs or assigned by Director of Finance.
- Assist Finance Manager and/or Executive Team Members with various tasks including, but not limited to data trending and analysis, and various projects as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and accounting/audit Minimum Internal Controls Standards (MICS), while also assisting Casino Operations in maintaining compliance with MICS.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and enforcing policies, processes, procedures, and internal controls to ensure maximum integrity of operations and asset control.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and performance appraisals, and disciplinary actions as necessary for successful operations of the accounting functions.
- Comply with the Cahuilla Casino policies, procedures, and ordinances.
- All other related duties or projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Finance/Accounting required
- Working knowledge of Accounting systems and Microsoft Excel required
- Casino Accounting/Finance experience required
- 2 - 4 years of increasing supervisory experience required
- Excellent oral and written skills required
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated capability, initiative, self-motivation, communication skills and the ability to operate in a “team approach” environment.
- Work experience that illustrates the applicant’s ability to review, evaluate and recommend changes in management policies, operating systems, sales and plan development.
- Must be able to effectively represent the gaming enterprise in a public venue.
- Must be experienced in communicating with computer and management professionals.
- Must meet requirements to qualify for a Cahuilla Casino Gaming License.
- Must pass an extensive background security check.
- Must possess the ability to interact with the public, fellow employees, tribal enterprises, county and state agencies demonstrating respect, tact, courtesy, objectivity and maturity to develop an effective and cooperative working relationship.
- Ability to assign responsibilities and coordinate activities to meet objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to inform and communicate orally and in writing in diverse and challenging situations in order to address problems and relate established goals and objectives.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000 (DOE)
Full-time position with enhanced benefits (medical, dental free vision, free life insurance), 401K with match, generous PTO, onsite and corporate discounts and more.