Posted 4 days ago
The Casino Controller directs the cashiering, vault, drop and count areas in a manner that safeguards the assets of the Sherwood Valley Casino, while establishing and maintaining acceptable accounting procedures and internal controls and assures all external and internal regulations are met. Has direct supervision of Cage/Vault, Drop, and Count Supervisors. Exercises management responsibility for all activities of the Accounting/Finance Department. Activities include direct hands-on oversight of audit, accounting, general ledger, reporting, payroll, purchasing, cashiering, and count room operations. Responsible for the company’s overall operating and capital budgets, internal control policies, insurance and risk management programs, and relationships with financial institutions, casino’s compliance with provisions of the State Compact, NIGC, Tribal ordinances, Gaming Commission regulations, cash transactions reporting, and IRS withholding and reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance and direction in the overall operations of assigned departments to ensure that most efficient and profitable operation and maintenance of high standards of quality and service.
- Report any financial or operational irregularities to the Tribal Council (This includes any irregularities that involve the General Manager). This reporting will be done without any type of repercussion.
- Provide a monthly written and verbal financial report to the Tribal Council
- Manages and directs the day to day operations of areas of responsibility through assigned department heads and supervisors.
- Counseling, guiding and instructing employees in the proper performance of their duties.
- Plans, develops, and implements revised procedures to improve the efficiency and profitability of assigned areas.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance records on all equipment in cage, vault, count and drop.
- Administers slot drop and count in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for verification of cash orders.
- Maintains and accounts for flow of cash and related information disbursed to cage, Accounting and other areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Maintains documents and forms applicable to all transactions as provided by department and or company policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendation for hire or termination of all team members of the Cage/Vault, Drop, and Count and Finance.
- Responsible for all financial systems and processes including preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Directs the efforts of purchasing, warehousing, financial accounting/reporting and income control.
- Coordination with and preparation of required information for internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance to Tribal/State compact, requirements of the Tribal Gaming Commission and Internal Revenue Service in all maters relative to accounting controls and processes.
- Directs the annual and long-range planning of the casino.
- Directs preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Notifies Human Resources of personnel changes and department needs.
- Makes recommendation for hire or termination of all department employees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- All other job duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- College degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or work experience in excess of eight (8) years. (Work experience in Accounting, Finance or Cage Manager.)
- Must have knowledge of basic office, and computer skills.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must agree to submit to random drug testing.
- Agree to refrain from all forms of gambling at the Sherwood Valley Casino, except on approved days.