Posted 4 days ago
The Casino Controller is responsible for directing all aspects of casino accounting, revenue audit and Anti-money laundry (AML) compliance in accordance with company policy and Federal/state regulations, including the overall care, custody, and management of casino funds, securities, and records. The Casino Controller shall administer and supervise all casino accounting functions, analyzes financial statements and submit related reports to all management staff as well as regulatory agencies, adheres to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, Title 31 Rules and Regulations, as well as ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Is responsible for the audits of cage, count room, slots, table games, poker, hotel, retail, food and beverage, entertainment and other departments as required.
- Must be able to evaluate statistical reports and other business and gaming reports.
- Must possess an understanding of Revenue Audit, Cage, Credit and Count Room issues.
- Works closely with IT, Cage, Credit and Count Room departments to resolve any system problems related to the daily revenue audit and gaming systems.
- Ensures accurate tracking of information and timely filing related to all regulatory filings including gaming taxes, W-2G’s, Title 31/AML and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ensures timely payment of all gaming taxes and other regulatory fees.
- Review strengths and weaknesses of all accounting, cage and casino credit operations such as cash inventory levels, and general policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Review strengths and weaknesses of Cage, Credit and Count Room functions, in order to most effectively recommend changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources as they relate to casino accounting.
- Analyze daily casino cash flow, forecasts sources and uses of casino cash, and initiates casino cash management activities to position property in advantageous financial position.
- Manage the preparation of and reviews financial reports and reconciliations to ensure reasonableness and completeness, and releases reports or directs revision of reports.
- Review and interpret unusual transactions, adjustments or unexpected financial results to determine the appropriate accounting treatment or necessary follow up.
- Hires, trains, coaches and directs staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) to five (5) years in casino revenue audit or casino accounting fields.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.