Chief Financial Officer
Posted 28 days ago
Under the general direction of the Tribal Economic Development Authority (TEDA) Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: maintaining the proper financial accountability for TEDA and all development projects. Develop, maintain and implement fiscal policies and procedures direct supervision of the accounting personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintain complete and systematic computerized accounting system, as well as, books and records for all new and ongoing projects under the jurisdiction of TEDA to provide complete and accurate financial and statistical reporting.
- Coordinate and interface financial requirements, scheduling and project budgets with lenders, contractors, architects and project heads.
- Develop and implement TEDA policies and procedures relevant to the fiscal department.
- Furnish project financial and budget worksheets and reports on projected objectives as necessary.
- Interface and assist with all entities of the tribe, including but not limited to: Tribal Administration, Tribal Economic Development Authority, Tribal Businesses and Enterprises, and Tribal Gaming Agency, as needed with regards to accounting and fiscal coordination with those departments.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional integrity and ethics in the performance of all duties and assignments.
- Coordinate and monitor the financial aspects of special projects and expedite their completion.
- Supervise, manage and evaluate performance of Accounting Department processes, activities and personnel. Supervise the payroll processes, accounts payable/receivable, purchase orders and related duties performed by the accounting personnel.
- Prioritize, delegate and assign work to accounting staff. Recommend training and continuing education.
- Prepare financial and statistical reports for internal and external reporting and for audit purposes.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Accounting degree (B.S.)
- 15 or more years of progressive for profit company experience with, advanced experience in the financial and/or accounting field.
- Knowledge of manual and computerized accounting systems.
- Familiarity with office and accounting procedures.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Ability to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance.
- Must be bondable
- Ability to obtain a valid gaming license and pass mandatory drug tests
Education and Experience (Versus Qualifications #1)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance highly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Successful candidate will have been the head of Finance/Fiscal Division/Department
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Salary Range: $150,000 – $175,000 DOE
- Relocation Package
- Benefit Package Includes but not limited to:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage through our company's employee benefit plan
- A variety of supplemental benefits including but not limited to Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, EAP & FSA.
- Various other benefits such as 401k, PTO, Holidays, etc.