Chief Financial Officer
Posted 3 days ago
The Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Government is seeking a Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for directing all financial and accounting functions of and its subordinate, non-gaming entities. The CFO will work with the CEO and Tribal Council to develop and implement an overall financial strategy to maintain and enhance the financial health of the Tribe. Ensures enforcement of, and compliance with, the Fiscal Management, Budget and Appropriations, Budget Hearing, and Procurement Ordinances. The CFO will manage the Finance Department, and ensure that all audits, budgets, monthly and annual financial reports, and other accounting functions, are timely and accurately completed. The CFO must be highly knowledgeable about generally accepted accounting principles GAAP/GASB.
We are looking for a candidate who has the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Financial Manager, or Certified Government Management Accountant designation preferable.
- Ten plus years of experience in Executive Leadership role within a Tribal Government, Enterprise or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administration of Federal Contracts and Compliance with The Code of Regulations (Title 2 CFR 200).
- Strong knowledge of BIA and I.H.S.
- Solid understanding of Tribal Sovereignty and Indian law.
- Experience working with PC based accounting software, fund accounting or other governmental accounting software.
- A sense of humor is a plus.