Posted 11 days ago
The Compliance Inspector protects the integrity of gaming activity by preventing improper or unlawful conduct in the course of gaming activity. Assure that procedures are carried out in compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, Tribal State Gaming Compact, and the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians Gaming Ordinances. Test and certify that slot machines are in compliance with regulatory standards. This position requires maintenance of strict confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Knowledge of rules and procedures for table games, slot operations, cage operations, and count room operations.
- Remain highly visible in the casino and during gaming functions- open and close of tables, drop, count and reconciliation.
- Conduct investigations and prepare written reports.
- Monitor on-the-job performance of employees in the various gaming operations.
- Verify jackpots over a specified amount.
- Maintain integrity of all EPROMS according to MICS while software is stored in office.
- Create systems to catalog software for destruction.
- Store EPROMS for destruction and carry out destruction of paper tickets, CDS and EPROMS at regular intervals according to regulations.
- Test and verify authenticity of electronic gaming computer control chips.
- Monitor and track the delivery, installation, relocation, removal, storage, etc. of gaming devices to assure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records; inspect equipment and supplies to verify integrity and compliance with technical standards.
- Maintain security control of electronic gaming devices.
- Assist in the reporting and documentation of internal audits and assign tasks during quarterly audits.
- Evaluate facts in evidence, and arrive at valid conclusions in accordance with Minimum Internal Control Standards, Tribal State Gaming Compact, and the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians Gaming Ordinances.
- Assist in training for new hires.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Develop work processes as needed to ensure efficiency and quality.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Document and report employee performance issues to Compliance Manager when directed. Arrange schedules to accommodate coverage of shifts when necessary, Be available to staff for problem solving. Coordinate resources, monitor databases, statistic collection and compliance with revocations in process. Monitor workloads of swing and graveyard shifts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on conflict resolution; Maintain confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Regulatory, auditing, or investigative experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license.
- Must have 2 years experience as a Gaming Compliance Inspector or equivalent regulatory experience.