Posted 11 days ago
The Compliance Officer is responsible for processing, intake, and report development of potential Karuk Tribe Gaming Commission licensees. Also responsible for assisting with the monitoring, inspecting and investigation activities at all gaming operations owned and operated by the Karuk Tribe. Ensures that activities being conducted on tribal lands where gaming is occurring are done in a manner that adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and internal controls.
- Adheres to all governing documents including but not limited to the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, Karuk Tribal-State Compact, Karuk Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Karuk Gaming Commission Rules and Regulations, Internal Controls and other applicable laws and regulations that govern Indian gaming.
- Adheres to all Karuk Gaming Commission Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to comply with the Karuk Tribe Gaming Commission code of ethics.
- Processes Background Investigations of potential licensees of the Karuk Tribe Gaming Commission in accordance with all licensing regulations and processes.
- Create reports on all potential licensees of the KTGC to be found suitable or unsuitable for a Class A or Class B license.
- Assist with inspections for all gaming and non-gaming departments.
- Assist with all monitoring programs created and approved by the Karuk Tribe Gaming Commission.
- Assist with investigations as directed by the Compliance Director of the KTGC Compliance Department.
- Promote and maintain positive staff relations both internally and externally.
- Maintain communication with the Gaming Compliance Director electronically, verbally and with any other forms of identified communication.
- Report all incidents that may be infractions to the governing documents to the Gaming Compliance Director.
- Collect information from inspections, monitoring as well as compliance investigations. Compile this information into reports for review by the Gaming Compliance Director and Gaming Commission.
- Assists in the review of new or changed Casino Policies and Procedures for all departments involved in gaming activity to ensure compliance with the NIGC, Compact, Tribal and any other applicable regulations and laws.
- Compiles information from investigations, inspections, and monitoring into reports for review by the Gaming Compliance Director and the Gaming Commission.
- Abide by Commission confidentiality and code of conduct policies.
- Must be capable to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for assisting the Gaming Compliance Director in the overall direction, coordination, and implementation of the department’s responsibilities per the governing documents.
- Aid in the review of customer complaints filed with the Commission as well as assisting in resolving gaming related matters.
- Compliance Officer I will have access to sensitive areas and information of the gaming facilities, vendors, and employees. The Compliance Officer must be accompanied by another authorized individual when accessing sensitive areas, and will be required to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform duties in a well-lighted, ventilated and temperature-controlled office environment. Occasional exposure to smoke-filled and noisy environment. 21. Maintain an organized inventory of the gaming machine software storage physically and electronically.
- Compile information for the gaming license background investigation for recommendation to the Gaming Commission.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the gaming license files and responses.
- Maintain the integrity of the gaming machines by providing assistance in verifying the gaming machines programming on the Casino floor.
- Shall be polite and maintain a priority system in accepting other position related job duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, and a minimum of two (2) years of prior casino experience; or equivalent combination of education with casino experience.
- Must have stable job history.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret numerical data, including statistical information.
- Must have computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Must have working knowledge of NIGC regulations, California Tribal-State Compacts, and Gaming Ordinances.
- Must have working knowledge of Class II and III casino games offered.
- Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable by the Karuk Tribe’s insurance carrier.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position.
- Must abide by the Commission’s confidentiality policy.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and nights; must be willing to be on call.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test and criminal background check.
- Three (3) Years’ experience in Indian Gaming preferred.
- Experience in creating operational processes and business report writing preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities preferred.
- Basic understanding of casino operations preferred.
Tribal Preference Policy
In accordance with the TERO Ordinance 93-0-01, Tribal Preference will be observed in hiring.
It shall be the policy of the Karuk Tribe to provide preference in hiring to qualified applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference who have been discharged from the United States Armed Forces with honorable and under honorable conditions.
Salary: $17.00 – $20.00 Per Hour/DOE