Compliance Risk Specialist
Posted 12 days ago
The Risk and Compliance Specialist is responsible for the administration of the Workers’ Compensation Program and for providing support on general liability and property claims. This includes investigating and coordinating the processing of employee and patron claims, providing guidance and instructions to management and employees on the claims process, interacting with claimants, and work with defense counsel to defend against claims. Additionally, the Risk and Compliance Specialist will assist management in maintaining compliance with all state and federal OSHA and gaming regulations.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Process claim forms, respond to inquiries, track claims, facilitate light duty, and return-to-work program, maintain case files, and prepare data analysis.
- Ensure claims are properly investigated, documented and claims coding is correct.
- Respond to inquiries from Live! Casino and Hotel staff regarding return-to-work status, work restrictions and medical documentation.
- Timely communicate with injured employees, supervisors, insurance carriers and attorneys
- Assist in the investigation of and processing of all general liability and property claims.
- Prepare and maintain case files.
- Facilitate and participate in the implementation of safety programs to ensure the safety and security of guests and team members.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and standard operating procedures to maintain compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Develop and maintain accurate database of claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to continuously demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working with workers’ compensation, general liability or property damage claims
- Experience in a legal, compliance, regulatory or audit position a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.