Posted 6 days ago
The Casino Controller is responsible for the operational direction, administration, and coordination of all activities of the Casino Accounting Function. This function includes the management of the Revenue Audit functions of Slots, Tables, Poker and Food and Beverage. The Casino Controller will assist in the preparation and distribution of Flashes and Daily Operating Reports. The Casino Controller is accountable for the review of daily audits, the preparation and/or posting of daily journals and the month end closing process. In addition, the Controller is accountable for compliance with the standards of the regulatory agencies and for assisting internal and external auditors. Has direct supervision of the Drop and Count and Revenue Audit Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, develops, and implements an effective strategy of organization within the areas of responsibility.
- Provides administrative assistance and direction in the overall operations of assigned departments to ensure that most efficient and profitable operation and maintenance of high standards of quality and service.
- Monitors the relevant activities throughout the property to ensure that all applicable rules, regulations, and controls of the property are following applicable standards.
- Coordinates and ensures the accurate presentation of detailed daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of operating statistics & financial reports that will assist managers in operating their departments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Completes the month end journal entries and the closing process requirements in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable gaming laws and company internal controls, policies and procedures, Title 31, and Federal Regulations.
- Reviews all reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Assist Departments in resolving discrepancies and other issues with financial information.
- Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards and assists with the timely completion of financial reports and statements, in accordance with the same.
- Assists with interdepartmental communication of financial information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of staff development plans for those team members who display the skills, motivation and attitude to grow professionally within the organization.
- Monitor the activities of the count/drop teams.
- Assist in gaming audits and reviews as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related area from a four-year college or University preferred; or six years related experience/training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents, such as technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from guests, other department heads, and regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency in math skills, including the ability to do basic arithmetic and algebra as well as working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with management/leadership techniques
- Must have excellent computer skills (experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and various gaming and related accounting systems)
- A minimum of five years of supervisory and financial analysis experience in the gaming industry is preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial related information as well as legal information, such as applicable regulations.
- Obtain and maintain all work cards as required