Posted 9 days ago
The Controller directs financial activities for the company as well as its relationship with the Colorado Division of Gaming and other regulatory agencies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees Revenue Audit, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, G/L Accountants, Cage and Drop/Count. Directs the team in providing leadership, procedures and systems necessary to ensure adequate gaming controls.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly financial reports which summarize the company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings.
- Reviews daily gaming audits in conjunction with Revenue Audit Supervisor to ensure adequate gaming controls, accuracy and completion.
- Provides General Manager with timely reviews of organization’s financial status
- Manages annual budgeting process and works with directors and managers to meet financial goals.
- Prepares or directs preparation of all gaming tax, other various taxes, and licensing.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor capital expenditures.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
Manages Accounting Supervisor, Audit Supervisor, Purchasing Manager and Cage Manager. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; performs performance appraisals; rewards and disciplines employees; resolves problems, and addresses complaints.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4-year college or university or 2 years related experience, or equivalent of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Colorado Key Gaming License, Certified Public Accountant License preferred.