Corporate Accounting Manager
Open Until Filled
Westat is seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager reporting to the Corporate Controller. This individual will support the day to day operations of the Westat Accounting Department, to include the timely and accurate production of financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of internal controls.
• Support the management of the operations of the accounting department, including optimizing controls and processes to achieve department's objectives.
• Support all general accounting functions, including the general ledger and financial close processes, cost accounting and accounting operations consisting of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Support accurate and efficient transaction processing in compliance with the Westat’s policies. Make recommendations with respect to automation or other opportunities to improve the effectiveness of the department.
• Support the coordination and preparation of financial statements and management reports.
• Support the establishment and maintenance of documented policies and procedures, and internal control systems.
• Manage, mentor and lead a team of varied experience and technical backgrounds. Responsibilities include hiring, training, directing work and appraising performance.
• Ensure accounting compliance under GAAP, CAS and FAR.
• Coordinate activities of external auditors and preparation of required items.
• Perform other duties as assigned.