Director of Corporate Development
Posted 18 days ago
The Director of Corporate Development (DCD) is accountable for driving the execution of the merger and acquisition strategy including tuck in’s, acquisitions, mergers, and location development as set forth by the Management. The role involves working extensively with cross-functional teams in the execution of the below duties and will provide M&A guidance and process leadership. The DCD will also focus on driving projects and initiative that improve shareholder value while partnering with leaders across the organization to translate the business strategy into meaningful financial performance metrics and assist in tracking results against those metrics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and drive to achieve M&A deliverables across all phases of the M&A life cycle including market research, due-diligence analysis, pre-close, integration and post-merger integration handover process.
- Manage generating leads through marketing, public appearances, content creation, interpersonal contacts, outbound messaging, outbound calling, etc.
- Effectively negotiate transactions within Management established guidelines.
- Reporting strategic activity and status of M&A prospects to internal stakeholders
- Providing insightful perspectives of the wealth management market and the impact on the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Provide input and insight to the executives in developing general strategies, initiatives.
- Remain knowledgeable in the policies and regulations of the regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all work activities.
- Work with all other team members in a way that is conducive with the mission, values, and beliefs of the company to provide customer service beyond expectations.
- Comply with company-wide policies and relevant regulations.
- Play a critical role in implementing and maturing financial processes and promoting financial discipline across the organization.
- Work with finance team members and external consultants to prepare monthly financial and operational reporting across all departments of the business
- Perform value added ad-hoc analyses that help drive decision making
- Develop financial models and conduct valuation analyses to support strategic initiatives and investments
- Collaborate with external accountants to prepare variance to budget and other deep-dives
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide corporate development strategy and roadmap
- Build and sustain relationships across executive team, functions, and lines of business to promote alignment to our corporate strategy and to identify inorganic needs
- Ability to create and maintain conceptual and highly complex, efficient, logical financial models.
- Interface with IT with respect to budgeting system requirements of the company.
- Develop and maintain financial models used for due diligence and valuations, including goodwill.
- Liaise with Financial Reporting Manager to ensure consistency in report mapping.
- Oversee the administration of the budgeting and financial reporting software.
- Financial Modeling
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Organization Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Strategic Thinking
- Special projects which arise from time to time.
- Promote a culture of personal responsibility/accountability and open communications.
- Ensure fair and ethical policies and practices in all relationships and operations.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- 6+ years in corporate development, M&A or Strategy roles
- CFP, CFA, or other equivalent licensing preferred
- Progressive analytical knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Familiarity with legal contracts, documents, transactions terms, negotiation, and deal closing
- Understanding and developing financial models and structuring complex transactions
- Self-driven, independent, adaptable, detail-orientated, and creative problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial and visionary mindset, forward-thinking of business units
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of different business and financial reporting software