Director of Finance
Posted 9 days ago
Director of Finance
Chief Financial Officer, Oweesta
The Director of Finance will manage the day to day operations of the accounting department and serve as an assistant to the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the finance department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and grantors.
- Preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assist CFO with audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work closely with the lending team to ensure proper accounting and reconciling accounts between accounting software and lending software.
- Monthly budget to actual reports for all grants and contracts.
- HUD Network quarterly reporting for Oweesta and our HUD Network groups.
- Financial grant management including the preparation of grant budgets.
- Expenditure coding for all expenditures as to proper account, class, and department.
- Assist CFO with organizational budget and management of that budget.
- Provide technical assistance in Financial Management to Oweesta’s clients.
- Assist CFO as needed with additional duties
- A minimum of a BS in accounting; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Office of Management and Budget Circular A133 audit.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Florence Ludka, Chief Finance Officer of Oweesta, at Florence@oweesta.org.