Director of Finance
Posted 18 days ago
The Director of Finance oversees the financial activities of the Casino by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all non-casino revenue audit functions.
- Ensures compliance with all financial internal controls and State and Federal regulations.
- Recommends modifications to existing Casino programs and practices.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Casino's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Directs the preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Maintains automated systems that provide expenditures controls and reporting capabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives.
- Tracts financial revenue reports and reviews them for accuracy.
- Maintains and updates financial internal control procedures.
- Arranges for audits of the Casino’s accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Presents a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum five (5) years accounting experience with at last two (2) year as a Controller in a Casino or equivalent position.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licenses, certifications, bonding and/or testing required
- Must be able to obtain Tribal Gaming Commission Gaming License.
- National Indian Gaming Commission Certification
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens