Director of Finance
Posted 6 days ago
The Director of Finance directs and manages company financial reporting and accounting functions in a consolidated accounting environment. This position is located at Harlow's Casino Resort & Spa in Greenville, Mississippi.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages a finance and reporting team capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
- Oversee various departments such as Cage/Credit, Soft Count, Purchasing, Finance and Revenue Audit
- Coordinates monthly accounting close cycle at property level.
- Coordinates financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Reviews journal entries and various reports
- Completes monthly reports and metrics for Corporate
- Manages and performs account reconciliation process.
- Manages and coordinates internal and external audits.
- Creates and coordinates annual budgets.
- Prepares and presents annual budget analysis to Corporate Executives
- Creates and submits monthly forecast.
- Analyzes variances to budget and forecast with follow-up to team leaders.
- Ensures company has adequate internal controls.
- Coordinates various accounting treatment situations with corporate finance and accounting.
- Manages capital project expenditures with purchasing, finance, and other leaders.
- Manages various tax considerations and strategies.
- Coordinates various insurance issues to ensure coverage and minimize risk.
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Provides financial analysis and support of various projects and decisions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Adherence to Code of Conduct and all Harlow’s Casino policies and procedures.
- Maintain and promote our business strategy.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strategy and planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3 year time span.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Employee training and development.
- Maintain an open door policy for Team Members to allow open communication
- Manage multiple departments
- Technical skills and experience in financial planning, reporting, analysis and accounting
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area.
- Five to ten years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High-level ability in MS Excel required.
- Proficient experience in accounting software (JDE), accounting applications (Spreadsheet Server), purchasing models, Food and Beverage accounting and other applications.
- Gaming knowledge preferred.
- Valid gaming license.
Authorized Access Areas
- Access to casino floor, cage, soft count
Proposed Licensed Level
- Gaming license and suitability license