Director of Finance
Posted 18 days ago
The Director of Finance, under the direction of the General Manager, is responsible for overseeing the Finance Department, preparing budgets and financial reports, setting financial goals and objectives, and recommending accountability systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall management of Revenue Audit, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Purchasing, Cashiering and Count Room Operations
- Oversees all financial functions to include, but not limited to: Budgets, Capital Expenditures, Financial report compilation and generation, Tax Reporting, Payroll, Financial Analysis, and AR/AP.
- Manages and directs the financial activities within the property including Payroll, GL, Disbursements, and Receipts.
- Ensures the quality of management processes and operations in all areas of the Finance department(s).
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports.
- Coordinates the month end close process. Provides oversight and direction for the properties month end close process.
- Key member of the property executive team and is involved in the development and execution of key operating strategies.
- Responsible for the preparation of the property’s annual budgets, internal management reports and other financial analyses.
- Oversees internal and external audits, state and local tax audits and reviews conducted by gaming regulators.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the property’s internal controls over the finance and accounting areas in accordance with local gaming regulations, internal company policies.
- Complies with the Company policy and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- 5-10 years of financial management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or related field. CPA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and familiarity with GAAP.
- Must be able to effectively represent the gaming enterprise in a public venue.
- Must be able to review, evaluate, and recommend changes in management policies, operating systems, sales and plan development.
- Must possess the ability to interact with the public, fellow employees, tribal enterprises, county and state agencies.
- Must pass an extensive background security check.
- Must be able to obtain and keep a California Drivers license.
- Able to obtain and retain gaming license through the onsite Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Ability to assign responsibilities and coordinate activities to meet objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to inform and communicate orally and in writing in diverse and challenging situations in order to address problems and relate established goals and objectives.
Salary Range: $125,000.00 – $145,000.00
Enhanced benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match, generous PTO, onsite and corporate discounts and more.