Director of Finance
Posted 6 days ago
The Director of Finance is responsible for the overall financial reporting process of Prairie Flower Casino. Directs the financial policies and enforcement of Prairie Flower Casino’s Internal Controls and the Standard Operating Procedures relative to the Accounting Department. Directs the operational functions of the Cage and Accounting Departments. Designs and coordinates a wide variety of accounting and statistical data for financial reporting purposes.
Administer and supervise all casino accounting functions, analyze financial statements and submit related reports to all management staff as well as regulatory agencies. Adheres to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, Title 31 Rules and Regulations. Ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAPP).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the financial and operational departments that report to this position.
- Coordinates monthly financial statements, annual financial reports, audit activities, and other information reports and requests, ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Establishes and maintains that the Cage, Accounting and Food & Beverage departments complies with internal controls, standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Oversees the preparation of daily revenue and other financial reports and their comparison against budget and forecast projections and previous year’s results.
- Ensures taxes and regulatory documents are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establishes department standards, guidelines and objectives, and maintain other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Responsible for audits of Cage, Count Room, Slots and Food & Beverage departments as required.
- Manages monthly general ledger posting process.
- Maintains fixed asset accounting system, legitimacy of assets, and proper accounting and inventory of assets.
- Must possess an understanding of Revenue Audits, Cage, Count Room and Slot issues.
- Works closely with Slots, Cage and Count Room departments to resolve any system problems related to the daily revenue audit and gaming systems.
- Ensures accurate tracking of information and timely filing related to all regulatory findings including gaming taxes, W-2G’s, Title 31/AML and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ensures timely payment of all gaming taxes and other regulatory fees.
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise all Cage and Accounting department employees.
- Is responsible for the overall leadership direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling, rewarding and corrective actions with employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures all safety standards are met and possible safety hazards are quickly resolved.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate Gaming License.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to Prairie Flower Casino.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least five (5) years of experience as Director of Finance.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and accounting software.
- Working knowledge of fixed asset accounting, accounts payable, payroll and data analysis.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent communication and writing skills.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of Cage and Accounting best practices in gaming, including casino operations with a minimum of five-years’ experience in gaming.
- Skilled in planning, delegation, time-management, and problem-solving required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from PGE Board Members, Tribal Counsel, guests and business colleagues.
- Free Medical, Dental and Vision premiums to Full Time Team Members.
- Paid Full Time Team Member Basic Life Insurance
- Highly competitive wages
- Generous PTO Plan for Part Time and Full Time Team Members
- Discounted meals
- Uniforms provided
- Free Convenient Team Member Parking
- Excellent 401k package and other optional benefits such as Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- We follow strict pandemic safety protocols for the health and safety of our team members and guests
- Currently a non-smoking facility