Director of Investor Relations
Posted 20 days ago
The Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for managing communications and the flow of information between the publicly traded Bally’s Corporation (NYSE Ticker: “BALY”; the “Company”) and the financial community, including shareholders, bondholders, bank lenders, the credit rating agencies, and both high yield and equity analysts. This individual will be responsible for each of:
- The development and achievement of annual Investor Relations goals and plans, including close communicative contact with the constituents mentioned above;
- The quarterly earnings processes including the development of earnings releases and the associated earnings conference calls;
- A detailed understanding of our peers, competitors and investors;
- Development and maintenance of various investor presentations and press releases; and
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders for the development of annual reports, SEC filings, and proxy statements.
The Director of Investor Relations will also be the key business partner to the executive team on all investor-related issues. The Director of Investor Relations is viewed as a critical role within the Company and will have broad exposure to all levels of the organization. This role will report to the CFO and work closely with the CEO and other members of the executive management team, providing access to the strategic decisions and opportunities facing the Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the company’s primary point of contact with investors, buy-side and sell-side analysts, credit rating agencies, bank lenders and the broader investment community, developing compelling, authentic and consistent messaging related to the company’s strategies, initiatives and performance.
- Cultivate a deep and thorough understanding of the Company’s corporate and business-level strategic priorities and communicate them in clear and compelling ways to external and internal audiences.
- Collaborate on press releases, earnings releases, presentations, earnings call scripts, Q&A documents, reports, web content, announcements and other communication materials in support of investor and analyst events, roadshows, conferences, achievement of corporate milestones and other noteworthy accomplishments.
- Function as a strategic partner with external reporting, legal and human resources in development of critical external communications, including SEC financial statement filings, ESG Reporting, the annual report and proxy statement.
- Serve as the IR communication facilitator, including vetting phone calls, retail investor inquiries, and scheduling one-on-one meetings and large group presentations; first point of IR contact within the Company.
- Maintain competitive peer analyses, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks. Continuously measure and update this information and use it to provide a relative performance framework for the investment community and to provide information to management on market and valuation trends.
- Develop investor targets; plan and track shareholder outreach activities. Assess the mix of the investor base and create an annual plan to target and attract long-term investors, to expand and maintain key investors’ ownership positions, and to keep the financial community current on company performance, growth strategies, and industry issues.
- Plan and manage investor events such as deal and non-deal roadshows, investor conferences, investor days, analyst days, etc.
- Prepare Board-level quarterly reports on the performance and important developments within the stockholder base.
- Collaborate closely with senior management and the company’s outside public relations firm to handle all aspects of media relations
- Manage Investor Relations external website, including regular content updates
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong influencing skills at various levels.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with investors, financial analysts, executive management, the board of directors and peers across the Company.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to contribute and engage with their peers in the leadership team.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities and being able to keep track of deadlines.
- Serve as member of Company ESG Committee
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, corporate communications, business, or related field required; MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Investor Relations, on Wall Street, or as an industry analyst, is required
- Strong analytical skills to understand the Company’s financial results and industry trends, and proven ability to interpret and articulate the information to the financial community
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the investment community, other constituents and executive management
- Able to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy