Director of Planning & Analysis
Posted 12 days ago
The Director of Planning & Analysis is responsible to analyze and drive business growth initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of company information.
- Prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in revenue, expenses, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas.
- Evaluate potential business growth opportunities, utilizing both internal and external data sources.
- Strong SQL background and familiarity with extracting data from systems to perform the required analysis.
- Complete ad hoc analysis projects with tight deadlines.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
- Support the team in budgeting and forecasting activities and monthly financial reviews.
- Build and maintain complex financial models to support decision making.
- Build performance reports, and dashboards using business systems and data visualizer software.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on impacting growth, efficiency, and profitability across the brand.
- Using data to provide both actionable forecasts and automated detection and decision models.
- Responsible for the delivery and maintenance of high-quality reports and tools.
- Support regular presentations to senior executives on budget, forecasting, and other business critical initiatives.
- Own delivery of analytic processes working with other departments as necessary to expand group capabilities
- Challenge the team to accomplish more using data in real time to help automate processes or enable insights and decision making faster.
- Lead the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes.
- Identify projects and drive to completion for enhanced group analytic capabilities.
- Maintain a wider roadmap of high importance items working with senior leadership across the company to identify the highest priority areas to improve.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS from an accredited university with a degree in Finance/Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus
- 4+ years prior experience in an analytics-oriented role; financial and/or marketing analytics experience in casino gaming environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience presenting to management.
- Very high level of attention to detail required.
- Able to Interpret data and make meaningful and actionable recommendations to senior-level executives in a clear, thorough, and professional manner.
- Strong active-listening skills with clear and concise mastery of the English language.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- All team members of Colonial Downs Group are required to obtain and maintain a Virginia Racing Commission License.
Great Benefits Package Offered, Including choice of medical plans, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, Flexible Spending Account and the availability of short- and long-term disability and life insurances.