Posted 19 days ago
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Controller must be knowledgeable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), standards issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Directs the preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards and ensures the timely completion of financial reports and statements, in accordance with the same.
- Establishes and updates accounting policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department.
- Acquire knowledge of gaming and accounting systems to understand processes in revenue and expense generation.
- Ensures compliance with MICS as issued by the National Indian Gaming Commission, TICS as adopted by the Gaming Commission, and SICS as adopted by Naskila gaming.
- Participates in monthly financial statement reviews with Management and departments.
- Reviews daily financial reports to verify accuracy of revenues and expenses and provides to management for review as needed.
- Controls the Finance department budget, as well as monitors all department budgets and provides analysis regarding budget variances.
- Collaborates with the Operations Controller to ensure the timely and accurate filing of W2-G and 1042 jackpots and 1099 prize winnings with the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Communicates with all Finance Department Team Members in an effort to ensure consistency in procedures.
- Assist with year-end reporting, working with Human Resources and other departments on reports.
- Assists CFO with special projects as needed.
- Attends required training as directed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Finance Controller will direct and oversee
- the preparation of the monthly and year-end financial statements and reports;
- oversee the monthly financial statement closing process and the accurate preparation and recording of all financial transactions into the general ledger in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and controls of the company;
- oversee the accounts payable responsibilities;
- oversee the general ledger responsibilites;
- oversee and become knowledeagble with accounting and inventory software programs;
- assist the CFO in spearheading the annual budgeting process and monthly budget monitoring;
- ensure IRS compliance with the accurate and timely filing and reporting of W2-G, 1042, and 1099 filing and record retention requirements;
- provide all required support and information to external and internal auditors in the form of audit reports and annual financial statement report, while also developing and implementing responses to any audit findings.
The Finance Controller directly supervises the Accountant and Accounts Payable Specialist.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years financial management experience as a Finance Controller or equivalent, in the gaming industry.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis, and financial statement preparation.
- Extensive knowledge of NIGC MICS, TICS, SICS, and FinCen BSA laws regarding regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of IRS requirements regarding W2, W2-G, 1042, and 1099 reporting and records retention requirements.
- Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas Tribal Gaming Agency.
Relocation Package Available