Posted 12 days ago
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Financial Controller to join our growing organization. In this position, the Financial Controller, responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Revenue Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Operations, and Purchasing.
Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Casino to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles, the NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards and the Tribal Minimal Internal Control Standards. Direct the financial activities of the Casino by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the casinos’ daily financial operating reports, monthly financial statements and annual reports.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the casinos’ policies and operations.
- Appraise the casinos’ financial position and issues periodic reports on casinos’ financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs.
- Work with the General Manager and Tribal Administration to establish standards for resource allocation, including but not limited to, staffing services, products, and capital requirements.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Casino's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Direct preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under bank reporting and covenant compliance, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit firm for periodic reviews and annual audits as required.
- Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and the casino, and determines their financial impact.
- Establish Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
- Monitor all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, all Federal and State Agencies to include the Tribe’s Compact with the State, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Review daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Maintain and update financial internal control procedures.
- Mentor, coach and prepare succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience, and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal.
- Develop Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and provides regular reporting against these standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
- Plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Facilitate the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Manage communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
- Provide management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors, and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.