Financial Management Policy Specialist
Posted 3 months ago
- Seeks and maintains knowledge and awareness of current accounting, investment, and economic development issues, policies having a potential impact on tribes, trends, theories, and research in financial management.
- Activates and involves NAFOA Member Tribes, the financial management community, and sister associations to ensure a coordinated effort for voicing positions in advocacy efforts with federal agencies and financial regulatory organizations.
- Collects data and information from Member Tribes and the financial management community to formulate arguments essential to communicate potential effects on tribal governments.
- Presents the interests of the NAFOA community with outside parties, such as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and Congress through comment letters, drafting correspondence, and drafting testimony.
- Develops email broadcasts, website content, and other communications related to federal legislative, OMB, and GASB proposed changes to increase awareness of issues affecting tribal governments and their enterprises.
- Contributes to growing the NAFOA community by building and maintaining relationships with tribal leaders, key congressional, administrative, and regulatory staff.
- Plans and coordinates the “Financial Management” sessions at the spring and fall conferences by developing the content and recruiting speakers.
- Assists the policy team with providing timely legislative and regulatory updates to NAFOA members through the “Policy Report,” Executive Director’s report at conferences, and in-person meetings.
Click, "Apply Now" to view the full job description, interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.