Financial Reporting Manager
Posted 9 days ago
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the reporting requirements for both casino operations in compliance with GAAP principles, regulatory guidelines and internal controls while adhering to all established policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial reporting process.
Duties include but are not limited to managing the General Ledger division of the Finance department by planning, leading and organizing daily duties and activities to maintain accurate financial records. Prepares consistent, timely and accurate statements including review of journal entries and reconciliations by established deadlines, ensures accurate completion of month-end procedures, analyzes any significant variances and communicates with management team as necessary. Ensures accounting pronouncements are up-to-date, researches, interprets and advises Finance management on any needed changes, distributes monthly financial reports, facilitates the annual financial audit. Performs additional job duties as assigned by the department director.
- High School Diploma of GED equivalent is required
- Four year degree in Accounting is required
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum five years experience in accounting, auditing and financial reporting
- Minimum three years of corporate accounting and financial reporting experience with heavy involvement in month-end close process
- Experience with preparing financial statements
- Must have at least one year supervisory experience
- Must have strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ability to research and propose positions on complex accounting issues
- Casino and/or hospitality experience is preferred
- CPA preferred