Posted 15 days ago
The General Manager manages, administers and ensures the gaming facility, hotel, engineering, environmental, marketing and restaurant entities are in compliance of operational policies. The position is responsible for all casino department heads and operation of departments to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, orders, rules and statutes, including Tribal ordinances and resolutions, the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC), Tribal – State compact, other applicable laws and ordinances.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Minimum seven years casino management and experience required.
- Minimum three years Indian Gaming Management experience required.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or related field preferred.
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Finance or related field preferred.
- Must be age 21 years of age or older per Gaming Regulations.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge and Other Qualifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Acoma Gaming License.
- Skill in customer service and ability to remain calm and cheerful in stressful situations.
- Skill in maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times and performs job requirements with a Smile, Eye Contact & Greeting.
- Skill in exhibiting good to excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate complex or unwelcome information courteously and helpfully to guests, co-workers, and management.
- Skill in computer literacy. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Skill in grammar, spelling, writing and editing techniques.
- Skill to effectively multitask and have strong written/oral communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced casino environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a two way radio device/communications.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively with other department team members.
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, Tribal, Federal, State and local government officials and the general public.
- Ability to identify and evaluate operational/emergency situations that may arise.
- Ability to obtain and administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of First Aid basic skills and able to operate AED.
- Knowledge of general public safety and security regulations.
- Knowledge of formulating policy, program development, staff direction and development of organizational plans.
- Knowledge of general law, tribal and government law.
- All Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening prior to beginning employment and is subject to random drug testing during employment.
- Selected applicant may be required to obtain a COVID-19 test prior to beginning employment and may be subject to further testing.
This position is subject to a background check through the Acoma Gaming office. Selected individuals must successfully complete and pass all requirements to qualify for position.
This positions requires to have a valid driver’s license. Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment motor vehicle check and must be insured through the company insurance carrier.