Posted 13 days ago
The General Manager oversees and directs all operating aspects of Wanaaha Casino, to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations while maximizing profits. The General Manager will coordinate the administration and activities of the Tribe’s gaming enterprises under the guidelines provided by the Bishop Paiute Tribe Gaming Ordinance. Will provide profit-driven leadership, organizational cohesiveness, and strategic planning of gaming operations in accordance with the Tribe’s goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Supporting the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
Supervises directors, managers, and supervisors in all departments for management efficiency, business development, team building, and succession planning and employee relations. This position directly supervises the Tribe’s Gaming activities and is responsible for providing updates of the gaming business.
Extent of Job Authority
Complete and final executive authority over casino enterprise with appropriate BPTC approval. Responsible for multimillion dollar Tribal Gaming Enterprise.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible casino management experience; minimum of five (5) years Casino General Manager leadership role.
- Indian gaming industry experience is required
- BS in Business, Casino Management, or related field is required; MBA is a strong plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate a record of success in developing and implementing strategic planning, increase market share, and build organizational infrastructure to support significant growth objectives.
- Must meet requirements to qualify for a Bishop Paiute Gaming License and pass an extensive background security check.
- This position is considered a “Key” position and requires a background investigation in accordance to the State of California’s certification process to determine suitability of tribal key team Members (CA/Tribal Compact Section 6.5.6).
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to apply conceptual thinking to understand and facilitate solutions to complex problems or issues, and be able to utilize constructive conflict to quickly facilitate the integration of diverse thoughts, opinions and perceptions.
- Ability to articulate a compelling vision and company goals, and inspire, empower and motivate others to achieve them.
- Ability to bring conflicts and disagreements into the open and resolve them collaboratively, build consensus, and secure optimal resolution of specific issues among multiple parties.
- Knowledgeable in various word processing and spreadsheets programs.
- Collect, analyze and interpret sufficient, competent, relevant and useful data to provide a sound basis for strategic business decisions.
- Ability to understand the basics of Probability and Statistics.
- Must present three (3) letters of reference as to the applicant’s ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Must have the highest integrity and adhere to confidentiality in all matters.
- Must take and pass a drug test prior to employment.