Posted 13 days ago
The General Manager oversees the daily operations, develops and initiates controls and procedures, and evaluates the results of the property. Works with department managers to ensure the effectiveness of the various departments involving player development and retention, performance standards, marketing promotions, and compliance. Communicates regularly and effectively with Tribal Council and department managers. This position is exempt from holding a seat on Bear River Band of the Rohnerville Rancheria Tribal Council.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of California Gaming Laws and Regulatory Standards.
- Participate in the development of casino and departmental goals relating to corporate growth strategies.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement changes that incent player loyalty while increasing growth and revenue.
- Provide comprehensive leadership and motivation to department directors and managers.
- Provide motivation and guidance to ensure guest service initiatives exceed company standards.
- Hiring, directing, developing, measuring performance, disciplining, promoting and terminating management staff.
- Assure timely and informative communication between departments.
- Work closely with Tribal Council and managers to meet goals and objectives.
- Work with Chief Finance Officer on budgetary issues related to Casino operations. Provide analysis and recommendations to achieve financial goals.
- Review and approve department budgets and expenditures.
Oversees department management staff. Responsible for the performance of the entire casino property under the guidance of the Tribal Council.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration required
- Must have at least seven (7) years casino management experience with at least four (4) years in an executive level.
- At least five (5) years experience as a General Manager preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Shall possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by agencies insurance.